Forest Legacy Programlast updated: July 2012
Contact Forest Legacy Program
To request additions or corrections to this entry email the Administrator
Related Success Stories for Forest Legacy Program
- Nicatous Lake Project
- Conserving, in perpetuity, economic, ecological, and recreational values to ensure ongoing benefits of sustainable forestry, water quality, wildlife, and recreational pursuits.
- Swan Valley
- The Trust for Public Land is involved in a significant collaborative partnership to achieve landscape-scale conservation in the Swan River Valley of northwestern Montana.
- Thirteen Mile Woods
- Conservation of 5,316 acres in northern New Hampshire acquired for working forests land conservation and public recreation.
- Thompson - Fisher
- This project purchased a conservation easement to prevent subdivision and development on 142,000 acres of working forestland in the Thompson River and Fisher River valleys of northwestern Montana.
- Trout Pond
- The Trust for Public Land and its partners created a 2,660-acre community forest in Freedom, New Hampshire.
- West Branch Project, Maine
- To conserve the largest contiguous tract of land ever protected in Maine – 329,000 acres through a public-private partnership.