Fillmore Soil and Water Conservation Districtlast updated: February 2010

The Mission of the Fillmore Soil and Water Conservation District is to promote natural resource stewardship through educational, technical and financial assistance.

The Fillmore Soil and Water Conservation District was established in January, 1962, by authority of the Minnesota Soil Conservation Committee.  This came about by the consolidation of the East Fillmore District and the West Fillmore District, organized in 1940 and 1942 respectively.  It was the opinion of both former boards of supervisors that consolidation would offer more efficient operation, and be just as effective in conducting the affairs of the district.  The county lines are now also the boundaries of the district, which includes all farm land in Fillmore County.  At the regular election in March 1962, a board of five supervisors was elected, one in each of the five areas previously designated.  <Click here to learn more about the history of the Fillmore SWCD>


Contact Fillmore Soil and Water Conservation District


Contact Fillmore Soil and Water Conservation District

Jeanette Serfling
Administrative Assistant
900 Washington Street SW
Box A
Preston, Minnesota  55965-1032
Phone: (507) 765-3878 ext. 3
Fax: (507) 765-4415


 

Service Area

Services provided in:
  • Fillmore County, Minnesota


To request additions or corrections to this entry email the Administrator