Eel River Wildlife Area - Humboldt Countylast updated: July 2013
  • Humboldt County - 15 miles southwest of Eureka, off Highway 101
Special Restrictions:
  • No rifles or pistols may be used or possessed.
  • Camping is not allowed.
  • From Highway 101 take Hookton Road west to Table Bluff Road.
  • This 2,131 acre Wildlife Area contains one of the largest riparian forests remaining on California's north coast.
Recreational Use:
  • Type C Wildlife Area
  • Fishing, birdwatching, and wildlife viewing are allowed. Tundra swans, shorebirds, and migrating waterfowl are among the birds that can be seen here, as well as mammals such as fox, deer, river otter, and a variety of marine mammals.
  • Waterfowl, snipe, and pheasant are permitted during those seasons.
  • None
PLEASE NOTE: Area regulations are subject to change. Special restrictions on recreational uses, hunt days and methods of take are listed in the current year's issue of Hunting and Other Public Uses on State and Federal Areas, available at CDFW offices and places where licenses are sold. 
  • Main Office
    • (530) 225-2300
  • Field Office
    • 619 Second Street
    • Eureka, CA 95501
    • (707) 445-6493
    • FAX: (707) 445-6664

Contact Eel River Wildlife Area - Humboldt County

Contact Eel River Wildlife Area - Humboldt County

Neil Manji
Regional Manager - Northern Region
601 Locust Street
Redding, California  96001
Phone: (707) 445-6493
Fax: (530) 225-2055


Service Area

Services provided in:
  • Humboldt County, California

To request additions or corrections to this entry email the Administrator