To improve, enhance, and preserve the quality of life on the Eastern Shore of Virginia by coordinating and educating the community to promote and protect the use of resources.
- to live in harmony with the environment by preserving, protecting, and improving it.
- to preserve the Eastern Shore with its rich history, sense of safety, rural character, family farms, and water dependent livelihoods.
- to improve education by offering job and vocational training.
- to offer adequate and affordable housing to residents of the Shore, replacing substandard dwellings with innovative structures.
- to encourage sustainability and self-sufficiency by offering a variety of employment opportunities which are environmentally friendly.
- to promote wise management of water resources.
- to support and maintain public transportation.
The Eastern Shore RC&D is a 501c-3 non-profit corporation that serves Accomack and Northampton Counties on the Delmarva Peninsula. The RC&D is a voluntary program that helps people protect and develop their economic, natural and social resources. Program objectives address improving the quality of life, including social, economic, and environmental concerns; continuing prudent use of natural resources; and strengthening local citizen’s ability to use available sources of assistance through the U.S. Department of Agriculture and other Federal agency partnerships.The work of the RC&D is locally defined and directed by a council that represents a diverse cross section of community interests.
The full council meets bi-monthly on the third Tuesday of the month at 5:30 PM. The Executive Committee meets bi-monthly between Full Council meetings at 5:30 PM.
The Council welcomes input from anyone interested in improving the Eastern Shore and seeks partnerships with other organizations with similar goals. If we adopt a project, we ask our partners to adhere to Equal Opportunity policies with respect to provision of services. RC&D is an equal employment opportunity employer. These policies prohibit discrimination in all Council endeavors.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Eastern Shore of Virginia Resource Conservation And Development Council is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Eastern Shore of Virginia Resource Conservation And Development Council
18491 Garey Road
PO Box 442
Melfa, Virginia 23410 Phone:
Services provided in:
- Accomack County, Virginia
- Northampton County, Virginia