The Eastern Brook Trout Joint Venture (EBTJV) is a unique partnership between state and federal agencies, regional and local governments, businesses, conservation organizations, academia, scientific societies, and private citizens. The nation’s first pilot project under the National Fish Habitat Initiative (www.fishhabitat.org), EBTJV is a geographically focused, locally driven, and scientifically based effort to protect, restore and enhance aquatic habitat throughout the range of the Eastern brook trout.
EBTJV has been modeled after the joint ventures that are aligned with the highly successful North American Waterfowl Management Plan, a strategy which was implemented in the 1980s to forge partnerships for the restoration and protection of millions of acres of wetland breeding areas for waterfowl.
Specifically, partners in EBTJV are working to:
- Assess the status, trends, and current vs. historical distribution of native Eastern brook trout populations from Georgia to Maine
- Identify data needed to facilitate species conservation and management
- Identify threats and potential solutions as part of a range-wide conservation strategy
- Prioritize actions based on measurable improvements for the least investment, in the shortest period of time, with a focus on common, critical, habitat threats
- Track, quantify and report, protection and restoration progress and results
- Share information and successes with partners and Congressional delegations
- Leverage existing funding by developing additional funding sources, including non-traditional revenue sources
- Develop, implement and manage a public outreach, education and advocacy campaign
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Eastern Brook Trout Joint Venture is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Eastern Brook Trout Joint Venture
Stephen G. Perry
350 Hunkins Pond Road
Sanbornton, New Hampshire 03269 Phone:
Statewide Program in:
- New Jersey
- New York
- North Carolina
- South Carolina
- West Virginia