Soil and Water Conservation District promotes stewardship of natural resources by providing leadership, education, technical and financial assistance to the citizens of the District. We support our constituents through our cropland assistance, brush management, weed management, conservation programs, native plant sales, and workshops. The District helps increase conservation awareness through participation in local and regional events, science fairs, educational initiatives, and NRCS Farm Bill programs.
The Soil and Water Conservation District Act requires district offices to work to:
- control and prevent soil erosion;
- prevent floodwater and sediment damage;
- further the conservation, development, beneficial application and proper disposal of water;
- promote the use of impounded water for recreation, propagation of fish and wildlife, irrigation and for urban and industrial needs; and
- by the application of these measures, conserve and develop the natural resources of the state, provide for flood control, preserve wildlife, protect the tax base and promote the health, safety and general welfare of the people of New Mexico.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
East Torrance Soil and Water Conservation District is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact East Torrance Soil and Water Conservation District
715 S. Fifth St.
P.O. Box 58
Estancia, New Mexico 87016 Phone:
Services provided in:
- Torrance County, New Mexico