The Virginia Department of Forestry (VDOF) provides services to private landowners and charges fees for some of these services. These costs are considered partof the project expenses; as such, they can be in the cost-share computation. The VDOF will prepare a Forest Stewardship Plan or Revised Forest Stewardship Plan for a charge of $1.50 per acre for every planned acre, with a minimum charge of $200.00 per plan.
VDOF provides free of charge:
- Needs determination and cost-share plan for planting projects, with cost share. This plan would include plant species, spacing and a mapof the area to be planted.
- Check to confirm seedlings have been planted to approve cost share or AlternateManagement Plan.
- Inspect the area to determine seedling survival and/or the need for furthertreatment, the winter following planting.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Doug Audley is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Doug Audley
Virginia Department of Forestry
13209 Courthouse Road
Dinwiddie, Virginia 23841 Phone:
804-469-7343 Cell Phone:
Services provided in:
- Amelia County, Virginia
- Chesterfield County, Virginia
- Dinwiddie County, Virginia
- Nottoway County, Virginia
- Powhatan County, Virginia