The work we do today helping people preserve and take care of open space and farmland will forever shape Lake County’s future. To keep Lake County a great place to live we need to balance growth with preservation.
- We work with landowners so they understand the options they have to preserve their land.
- We facilitate land preservation arrangements between landowners and other land conservation organizations such as the Lake County Forest Preserve District, the Illinois Nature Preserves Commission and other conservation land trusts.
- Our work in the Liberty Prairie Reserve is a model for preserving land through public-private partnerships.
- We are leading a countywide partnership that has developed a vision for Lake County's open space future with a goal to preserve 20% of the county by 2030.
- Lake County is home to federally-endangered species. We are partnering with the Illinois Nature Commission and other organizations to preserve a rare prairie remnant in west Waukegan.
- Since 2004 we have preserved over 400 acres of land, through land donations, easements, landowner negotiations, and land purchases. Read the stories
- We use our outreach programs to educate people about the benefits of open space.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Conserve Lake County is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Conserve Lake County
32492 N Almond Rd
Grayslake, Illinois 60030 Phone: