The mission statement of the Colorado Mountain Club was written in 1912 and has remained unchanged for over 100 years.
- United the energy, interest, and knowledge of the students, explorers and lovers of the mountains of Colorado;
- Collect and disseminate information regarding the Rocky Mountains on behalf of science, literature, art, and recreation;
- Stimulate public interest in our mountain area;
- Encourage the preservation of forests, flowers, fauna, and natural scenery; and
- Render readily accessible the alpine attractions of this region.
Colorado's outdoor recreation and beyond
"We aspire to engage a robust community in the responsible enjoyment of Colorado Mountains and greater outdoor adventures."
The Colorado Mountain Club works to ensure that current and future generations have the access and ability to enjoy Colorado’s open spaces and outdoor activities.
As one of Colorado’s oldest organizations, the Colorado Mountain Club focuses on conservation, advocacy, youth and adult education, and outdoor recreation adventures.
- Conservation and Advocacy
- Protects our access to Colorado’s mountains through ongoing conservation and advocacy.
- Our history is steeped in conservation – 100 years ago, we helped lobby for the creation and protection of Rocky Mountain National Park. Last year we sponsored 70 on-the-ground volunteer projects across the state resulting in 7,500 volunteer hours and over 600 volunteers.
- Provides youth and adult education to ensure that community members have the skill sets and knowledge to enjoy Colorado’s outdoor activities and open spaces safely and sustainably.
- We offer over 95 different schools and classes each year to ensure that everyone can enjoy Colorado’s open spaces and outdoor recreation opportunities. Last year, through the use of outdoor recreation, we educated 7,000 kids in math and science.
- Recreation Adventures
- With over 3,000 annual separate mountain adventures, the Colorado Mountain Club offers access to outdoor activities to every age, skill level, and geographic location in the state of Colorado.
- With trips ranging in activity from climbing one of the 14ers, to fly fishing, to cross country skiing – there’s something for everyone. We also offer sponsored trips to every corner of the globe at a fraction of the cost of private commercial outfitting trips.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Colorado Mountain Club is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Colorado Mountain Club
710 10th Street
Golden, Colorado 80401 Phone:
303-279-3080 Toll Free:
Statewide service provider in: