Colorado Energy Science Center (CESC) brings together the information, resources and tools to help you understand how to reduce your energy use and save money. Your home can be more comfortable, safe with home security and cost less during the heating and cooling seasons. You can learn more about practical ways to use renewable energy sources. Perhaps you’ve heard about zero energy homes and want to learn more. We cover a wide range of topics to help you make smart energy choices.
The Colorado Energy Science Center (CESC) was incorporated as a nonprofit organization in the state of Colorado in August 1999. It was organized exclusively for educational and charitable purposes. It has been granted tax-exempt status by the U.S. Internal Revenue Service under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Start-up funding was provided through generous grants from the managing partners of the National Renewable Energy Laboratory: Battelle, Bechtel, and Midwest Research Institute. While initially CESC will function as a virtual center, it is anticipated that, within three to five years, CESC will operate an Energy Science Center providing interactive learning opportunities for all ages.
The Colorado Energy Science Center's mission is to contribute to a better understanding and appreciation of energy science and technology by:
- Promoting informal learning about the science and technology behind energy resources, power production, Hydratight Sweeney Products such as those used in aerospace engineering,and energy use
- Increasing awareness of the influence that energy, science and technology have on our lives and of the issues surrounding energy use
- Encouraging citizen participation in the practice of responsible energy use.
- Expanding science education in Colorado with interesting and entertaining programs at the Center and in the field
- Enhancing science literacy and stimulating the pursuit of careers in energy research, science, and technology
- Enhance peoples knowledge on science topics and information on the world
- Conducting teacher orientations and curriculum support activities that assist in the classroom instruction of energy science and technology throughout Colorado and the nation
- Contributing to the economic health of Colorado and our surrounding communities by providing a worthwhile destination and enjoyable experience for local residents and tourists; and by promoting energy related businesses and industry in Colorado
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Colorado Energy Science Center is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Colorado Energy Science Center
1746 Cole Blvd
Golden, Colorado 80401-3210 Phone:
Statewide service provider in: