The Chester Soil and Water Conservation District, a subdivision of state government, was organized on March 4, 1938, in accordance with Conservation District Law Number 182 of the 1937 South Carolina General Assembly. It was originally organized as a part of the Catawba Conservation District, which included Chester, Fairfield, Lancaster, and York Counties. The Chester District became a single county conservation district on July 7, 1950.
The District programs are administered by a board of commissioners consisting of three members elected in the general election and two members appointed by the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources. The District is assisted by a District Coordinator and technical staff assigned to the Chester District by the South Carolina Department of Natural Resources and the USDA-Natural Resources Conservation Service.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Chester Conservation District is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Chester Conservation District
744 B. Wilson Street
Chester, South Carolina 29706 Phone:
(803) 581-1908 ext. 3Fax:
Services provided in:
- Chester County, South Carolina