The Central Coast Rx Fire Council was founded on the legacy of indigenous burning practices and the private ranches of the Monterey County and San Benito County Burn Associations who conducted cooperative controlled burns, annually treating up to a combined total of 60,000 acres each year from 1945 until the early 1970’s.
- Improve community fire safety, protection, resilience, and sustainability.
- Increasing the pace and scale and capacity of the responsible use of cultural prescribed fire in California’s fire-adapted and fire-dependent landscapes.
- Promote ethical practices.
- Provide Prescribed Fire Burn Boss mentorship training on native lands.
- Actively engage in the conduct and management of safe live indigenous fire prescriptions.
- Promote public understanding and acceptance of the ecological benefits, wildfire protection value, and cultural importance of prescribed burning.
- The Central Coast Rx Fire Council facilitates educational programs and live fire safety training to Indian tribes, land managers, agencies, private landowners, and students.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Central Coast Rx Fire Council is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Central Coast Rx Fire Council
PO Box 1715
Carmel Valley, California 93924 Phone:
Services provided in:
- Marin County, California
- Monterey County, California
- San Benito County, California
- Santa Clara County, California