We aim to expand biobased product manufacturing in Maine through applied research, technical assistance, and information sharing that supports new product development, process engineering, and market assessment. Making products and advanced materials from plants, not petroleum, is safer for people and the planet. That's why there's growing consumer demand across the globe. At the end of their useful life, many biobased products can be recycled for reuse or composted back into soil nutriments. By 2028:
- Our state will have made major, sustainable advances in replacing chemicals, products, and fuels made from climate-damaging petroleum with safer, biobased alternatives made from woody biomass.
- New manufacturing jobs will have revitalized Maine’s rural economies and diversified the forest products industry.
- Young people and families will remain in and even relocate to rural Maine, where they will find good-paying jobs and careers, strong local schools, good medical care, and thriving communities.
- Residents and local leaders will support sustainable forest management as well as conservation of the signature Maine lakes, rivers, and wildlife that generate tourism and recreation dollars and add immeasurable richness to their communities.
- Maine will be a significant player in the world's bioeconomy, grabbing market share in the rising global demand for biobased products while also seeking out new ways of converting Maine's renewable resources from forest, farm, and sea into everyday products.
Our members include manufacturers, raw material suppliers, landowners, farmers, consultants, research institutions, private equity and non-governmental organizations.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Biobased Maine is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Biobased Maine
565 Congress St
Portland, Maine 04101 Phone:
National service provider