DRS is charged with assisting rural communities with a population of 20,000 and under. The director and staff serve as a single point of contact for any person or group interested in issues affecting rural Arkansas. Our agency is customer oriented and user friendly.
The Arkansas Rural Development Commission (ARDC) sets policy and long-term goals for the Division of Rural Services and decides which communities will receive grant funds.
In addition to these and other efforts, DRS is responsible for:
- Administering the Rural Community Grant Program, Rural Services Block Grant Program, Game and Fish Wildlife Conservation Education Grant, and the County Fair Building Grant Program (see DRS Grants Page)
- Working with citizens and legislators on issues affecting rural areas
- Teaching Arkansas' rural citizens about available funding programs
- Speaking at local meetings, regional forums, and statewide conferences on rural topics
- Helping communities plan grant projects and proposals
- Staffing and supporting the rural policy goals of the ARDC
- The mission of DRS and the ARDC is to enhance rural quality of life for rural Arkansans without sacrificing individual freedoms or responsibilities.
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Arkansas Dept of Rural Services is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Arkansas Dept of Rural Services
101 East Capitol
Little Rock, Arkansas 72201 Phone:
(501) 682-6011 Cell Phone:
(501) 682-3292 Toll Free:
Statewide service provider in: