Related Success Stories for Greenway
- Abacoa New Town
- Abacoa is a 2000-acre new town based on neo-traditional town planning principles, being built on land originally owned by the John D. and Catherine T. MacArthur Foundation.
- American Forests and Mountains to Sound Greenway
- This project planted native trees on former logging roads to create a continuous “greenbelt” along Interstate 90 in order to improve surrounding habitats.
- Boston Harbor Island National Park Area
- A new breed of National Park, owned and managed collaboratively by a broad range of public and private landowners, agencies, and partners.
- Chouteau Island Implementation
- The Chouteau Island Implementation effort will convert a 5,500 acre island-complex, outside of St. Louis, Mo., into a passive recreational complex with extensive floodplain habitat restoration.
- Compatible Use Buffer Program
- Florida agencies and groups worked with Camp Blanding to create buffer zones to stem Base encroachment and provide open space for conservation.
- Confluence: A Conservation, Heritage & Recreation Corridor
- Reconnecting people to region’s Great Rivers through a system of multi-use trails, recreation facilities, historic sites, visitor education centers, public art & interpretation.
- Detroit River Conservation Partnerships
- A community comes together to address heavily polluted river corridors, while restoring wildlife habitat and preserving recreational uses.
- Gulf Coastal Plain Ecosystem Partnership (GCPEP)
- A partnership to protect and manage exceptional biodiversity across the GCPEP landscape, while remaining consistent with the partner’s individual and diverse missions.
- Lower Bronx River—A Community-Led Restoration Initiative
- With many partners, the Bronx River Alliance re-established salt marshes and created parkland at the site of an abandoned concrete plant.
- McKenzie Creek Watershed Project
- The project consists of voluntary acquisition of frequently flooded properties in the City of Piedmont and development of a habitat enhancing greenway.
- Northwest Florida Greenway Project
- Military, government and nonprofit organizations partner to protect the Panhandle’s unique natural resources, economy, and military flyways.
- Protecting New Jersey's Sourland Region
- D&R Greenway Land Trust and multiple partners have protected over 3,500 acres of habitat and natural resources in central New Jersey’s Sourlands region – with more preservation projects to come.
- Woodlands Trail and Park, Inc.
- As an American Heritage Rivers “Keystone” projects for Louisiana, Woodlands Trail and Park, Inc. is uniting the river communities of Orleans and Plaquemines Parish with a series of greenways.