The Ventura Hillsides Conservancy is a land trust operating in the City of Ventura for the purpose of acquiring open space through gift, sale, or other lawful means. The organization was founded by citizens in 2003 as a 501(c)(3) nonprofit public benefit corporation to work with land owners, conservation organizations, and public agencies to preserve and restore the hillsides and open space resources in the Ventura region.
The Mission of the Ventura Hillsides Conservancy is to "preserve the hillsides, canyons, and open space that contribute to the unique character and natural environment of the City of San Buenaventura and the surrounding region for the benefit of present and future generations."
To accomplish our mission, the Ventura Hillsides Conservancy has adopted the following objective and purpose statements into the Bylaws:
- To preserve, protect, and enhance the environmental, natural, wildlife habitat, scenic, recreational, and cultural values of such lands
- To acquire, through gift, purchase, or other lawful means, interest in real property as necessary to protect such values which may include but are not limited to scenic quality, wildlife habitat and ecological integrity, and managed public access and recreational opportunities
- To monitor, and where appropriate to manage directly, the real property interests acquired by the corporation in a manner consistent with its purposes, with the protection of private property rights, and with applicable laws and regulations of all governing jurisdictions
- To provide education and information to the public and government agencies on matters related to land preservation and conservation
- To collaborate with public and private organizations and property owners for the purpose of natural resource restoration or enhancement. This collaboration may include landscape construction, revegetation, and provision of amenities for public access to and education about natural resources
- To receive, hold, and disburse contributions, gifts, grants, real and personal properties, bequests, devises and other funds for these purposes
REMINDER: This listing is a free service of LandCAN.
Ventura Hillsides Conservancy is not employed by or affiliated with the Land Conservation Assistance Network, and the Network does not certify or guarantee their services. The reader must perform their own due diligence and use their own judgment in the selection of any professional.
Contact Ventura Hillsides Conservancy
3451 Foothill Road
P.O. Box 1284
Ventura, California 93002 Phone:
Statewide service provider in: