Rocky Mountain Elk Foundationlast updated: January 2015
Contact Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
To request additions or corrections to this entry email the Administrator
Related Success Stories for Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
- Culebra Range Community Coalition
- The Coalition works with a broad base of community partners to restore forest health, improve wildlife habitat, reduce risk of unnatural fire, and facilitate small diameter timber based businesses.
- Fort Hunter Liggett Grasslands Restoration
- A broad-based partnership is working to restore the grasslands and oak savannahs of Fort Hunter Liggett by controlling the invasive yellow star thistle.
- Perenosa Bay, Afognak Island
- Coastal rainforest and salmon rivers are being conserved for Alaska Department of Natural Resources in an area identified as the top habitat for Exxon Valdez oil spill injured fish and wildlife.
- White Mountain Stewardship Project
- A 10-year stewardship contract was awarded to thin 150,000 acres of forest to protect communities from wildfire and stimulate wood industry.
- Wildlife Habitat Registry
- To provide a web mapping tool to facilitate collaboration among wildlife biologist in federal, state, and tribal agencies and among NGO's involved in wildlife habitat projects.